Codersee (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://codersee.com (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
If you are a resident of California, please review the California Online Privacy Protection Act below.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What data do we collect from the people that visit our website?
We collect the personal data that you voluntarily provide to us:
- First name
- E-mail address
In addition, we automatically collect data about your use of the Site. This means that our technology and tools may automatically collect and record certain data about your use of and interaction with the Site that does not identify you personally (like your IP address, browser type, the make and model of the device used to view the Site, unique device identifiers, the referring webpage, pages visited, and search terms)
In collecting this information, sharing it, and using it, we are committed to complying with the European Union’s Global Data Privacy Regulation and all other applicable laws.
How Do We Use Collected Data?
We use the data we collect to assist in the administration and operation of the Site and to provide you an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience.
We may use data to:
- Fulfill our obligations with respect to the reason you voluntarily provided the data (such as responding to an inquiry or provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that may be of interest to you);
- Allow you to participate in certain features of the Site;
- Improve the Site or our products, events, and services and for other business or commercial purposes;
- Optimize your experience on the Site (such as troubleshooting technical programs or storing your preferences);
- Notify you about changes to the Site;
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the data was collected; and
- Carry out any other purpose with your consent or as permitted by law.
Additionally, we may use data for marketing purposes to:
- Provide you with additional information regarding products, events, promotions, and services from Codersee and third parties that may be of interest to you via email, or through advertising on various social media platforms or websites (both desktop and mobile) that you may visit; and
- Develop, improve, and target our promotional messaging to you and others via retargeting, online behavioral advertising, and use of social media platform tools for advertising .
Third-Party Websites and Services
Sharing of Collected Data
We may share the data we collect as follows:
- With the service providers that perform services for us (such as e-mail and mobile marketing, analytics, and web hosting);
- With government or law enforcement officials or private parties (including our legal or other professional advisors) as we determine, in our sole and absolute discretion, is necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to comply with legal processes, laws, regulations, or ordinances, or to prevent or stop an illegal, unethical, or actionable activity;
- With your consent or at your direction
We will only collect and process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. The data controller for the personal data that you provide or that is collected by Codersee is Codersee Piotr Wolak.
Your GDPR Rights
The GDPR provides residents of the EU with the following rights regarding their personal data:
- Right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- Right to access your personal data
- Right to have any inaccurate personal data corrected
- Right to have your personal data erased
- Right to restrict use of your personal data
- Right to personal data portability
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data
- Right to object to automated decision making
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request by sending the email to email@example.com. We will respond to any requests within the time required by the GDPR.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
To the extent you provide us with personal data, we are processing your personal data under one of the following lawful bases:
- Compliance with Legal Obligations. We may process your personal data in order to comply with certain of our legal obligations.
Cookies and Other Similar Tracking Technologies
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit the Site anonymously.
How does the Site handle Do Not Track signals?
Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. We do not currently respond to those signals or any similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers. To learn more about DNT and tracking signals, please visit All About DNT.
Does the Site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
Yes, we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
We use commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures to help secure and safeguard your data in our possession. However, no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure and no security mechanism is impenetrable. Therefore, although we take steps to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data that we collect from you or the security of our servers or the Site. By accessing the Site, any transmission of data is at your own risk and you agree to assume all risk in connection with data sent to us or collected by us.
We retain data only as long as necessary in light of the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected. Please note that we may retain your data for longer periods of time as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or respond to governmental authorities.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, please follow the instructions in the emails to opt-out from receiving such emails in the future or submit a request by sending the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.